Middleweight Graphic Designer
Cardiff, United Kingdom
£ 22,000 - £ 28,000 PA
Middleweight Graphic Designer
£22,000 - £28,000
Is this the start of your DevOpsGuys journey?
We’re an award winning consultancy with an awesome team of individuals - working together to help clients on their digital transformation journey. If team work inspires you and your driven to make a real difference to both people and organisations, we’re always on the lookout for brilliant new team members - Can you add your very own chapter to the DevOpsGuys story?
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a super talented Middleweight Graphic Designer to support our expanding Marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Designer you will be able to help develop a young and evolving brand, lend a hand to our marketing campaigns and help develop our website.
You’ll get to...
• Support the Senior designer in maintaining, developing and creating websites
• Moinitor the success of web projects through the use of Google Analytics and HubSpot
• Be able to interprit a brief and take projects from concept to completion
• Utilise the DevOpsGuys brand guidelines and ensure the brand standard is maintained across all media, whether that be checking over a PowerPoint presentation or laying out a corporate document
• Support the Senior designer in the coaching and development of junior team members
• Help with design pitches and meetings as needed
• Create everything from social media posts and diagrams to new brands and conference stands, providing both print and digital outcomes to briefs.
• Assist on any photo / video shoots, as required
• Keep up to date with industry trends and the latest technology developments
• Drive your own self-development
Our culture is at the heart of everything we do, and we will need you to embrace our values and methods.You will need to be able to work well in the team as well as on your own, and like all good designers you will have meticulous attention to detail. We are a fast-paced organisation that embraces change, you will also need to embrace the changes too and be prepared for tight deadlines, although we try to avoid them!.
You’ll probably have:
• An in-depth knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
• A degree in Graphic Communication (or similar)
• Previous experience in a design role, with a strong portfolio showcasing your skills
• A mind full of exciting and creative ideas to help our brand stand out from the competition
• Enthusiasm for the little touches, as well as the big projects
• A strong will to learn, develop and grow your skill set and show interest in new trends and technologies
• Excellent communication skills to help you build great relationships with everyone you work with
• To be able to research and take a project from concept to delivery for both print and digital
• Good HTML and CSS skills
• Good understanding of UI and UX design
• ExcellentTypography and layout skills
...And maybe you will have:
• SEO knowledge
• Knowledge of Google Analytics
• Previous experience using HubSpot
• Experience with Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro to create awesome videos and animations
• Knowledge of Agile working practices
• Previous experience in a tech company
• Knowledge of DevOps
Teamwork matters to us and we’re dedicated to building a supportive and fun place to work, if you don’t fully fit the above picture learning and development pathways are available.
Think you’re the right person for the job? Send your CV and a sample of your portfolio to email@example.com. Please include a covering letter telling us why you think you’re a perfect fit for the team at DevOpsGuys, bonus points if you can use the word pineapple!
To find out more about the perks of working at DevOpsGuys, which include social events, flexible working and an extra day off on your birthday, visit our careers page.
A sample portfolio must be submitted to be considered for this role. Closing date - 30th April 2018